Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 2005, Biomedical Signal and Image Processing received wide and welcome reception from universities and industry research institutions alike, offering detailed, yet accessible information at the reference, upper undergraduate, and first year graduate level. Retaining all of the quality and precision of the first edition, Biomedical Signal and Image Processing, Second Edition offers a number of revisions and improvements to provide the most up-to-date reference available on the fundamental signal and image processing techniques that are used to process biomedical information. Addressing the application of standard and novel processing techniques to some of today's principle biomedical signals and images over three sections, the book begins with an introduction to digital signal and image processing, including Fourier transform, image filtering, edge detection, and wavelet transform. The second section investigates specifically biomedical signals, such as ECG, EEG, and EMG, while the third focuses on imaging using CT, X-Ray, MRI, ultrasound, positron, and other biomedical imaging techniques. Updated and expanded, Biomedical Signal and Image Processing, Second Edition offers numerous additional, predominantly MATLAB, examples to all chapters to illustrate the concepts described in the text and ensure a complete understanding of the material. The author takes great care to clarify ambiguities in some mathematical equations and to further explain and justify the more complex signal and image processing concepts to offer a complete and understandable approach to complicated concepts.
- Author BiographyKayvan Najarian, Ph.D., is Associate Professor of Computer Science, and Director of the VCU Biomedical Signal and Image Processing Engineering Center within the Department of Computer Science at Virginia Commonwealth University, in Richmond, Virginia.
- Author(s)Kayvan Najarian,Robert Splinter
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication04/06/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note265 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white tables
- Weight725 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.