Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting a vel biomimetic design method for transferring design solutions from nature to techlogy, this book focuses on structure-function patterns in nature and advanced modeling tools derived from TRIZ, the theory of inventive problem-solving. The book includes an extensive literature review on biomimicry as an engine of both invation and sustainability, and discusses in detail the biomimetic design process, current biomimetic design methods and tools. The structural biomimetic design method for invation and sustainability put forward in this text encompasses (1) the research method and rationale used to develop and validate this new design method; (2) the suggested design algorithm and tools including the Find structure database, structure-function patterns and ideality patterns; and (3) analyses of four case studies describing how to use the proposed method. This book offers an essential resource for designers who wish to use nature as a source of inspiration and kwledge, invators and sustainability experts, and scientists and researchers, amongst others.
- Author BiographyYael Helfman Cohen received a PhD in Biomimetic Design from Tel-Aviv university for her research titled: Biomimicry design method for innovation and sustainability . She also holds an MSc in Management Science and a BSc in Industrial Engineering Management. Since 2014, she has been a manager at the Biomimicry Lab at Tel Aviv University, and since 2009 she is co-founder and CEO of Biomimicry IL. An Editor of the Israeli biomimetic online journal, member of the Biomimetic ISO international committee and organizer of the yearly conference Biomimicry- Academy & Industry , Dr. Helfman Cohen has years of teaching experience and is intensively involved in many academic activities. She has published several papers in journals and conference papers. Yoram Reich is a Full Professor at the School of Mechanical Engineering, Tel Aviv University. He has practiced engineering design for more than 7 years and has held visiting positions at Carnegie Mellon University, Duke University, and Stanford University. He is the Editor-in-Chief of Research in Engineering Design, an associate editor of Design Science, and an editorial board member of 6 other international journals; a founder and past co-chair of the Design Theory special interest group of the Design Society, and an elected member of its Advisory Board. He is also a Fellow of the Design Research Society. Previously, he was the chair of the Israeli chapter of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers and served several additional years on its managerial board. Prof. Reich's research focuses on product design methods and theories, flexible development processes, computer-aided design, data mining, and design research methodology. He has published over 200 papers on these subjects and advised more than 40 graduate and PhD students.
- Author(s)Yael Helfman Cohen,Yoram Reich
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication02/07/2016
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note33 black & white illustrations, 44 colour illustrations, 50 colour tables, biography
- Weight590 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.