All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBiomimetics in Materials Science provides a comprehensive theoretical and practical review of biomimetic materials with self-healing, self-lubricating and self-cleaning properties. These three topics are closely related and constitute rapidly developing areas of study. The field of self-healing materials requires a new conceptual understanding of this biomimetic techlogy, which is in contrast to traditional engineering processes such as wear and fatigue. Biomimetics in Materials Science is the first mograph to be devoted to these materials. A new theoretical framework for these processes is presented based on the concept of multi-scale structure of entropy and n-equilibrium thermodynamics, together with a detailed review of the available techlogy. The latter includes experimental, modeling, and simulation results obtained on self-healing/lubricating/cleaning materials since their emergence in the past decade.
- Author BiographyDr. Michael Nosonovsky is an Assistant Professor at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee (UWM). He is a co-author of one monograph, ten book chapters, and more than 50 research articles. For his work on the Lotus effect and biomimetic surfaces, he was honored with the 2008 Burt L. Newkirk Award by ASME. Dr. Pradeep K. Rohatgi is Wisconsin Distinguished Professor and Director of the UWM Center for Composites. He is a pioneer in the field of composite materials, particularly metal matrix composites. Rohatgi has coauthored and edited eleven books and over four hundred scientific papers, and holds 20 U.S. patents. In 2006, he was honored with the Rohatgi Honorary Symposium on Solidification Processing of Metal Matrix Composites by The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society.
- Author(s)Michael Nosonovsky,P. K. Rohatgi
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/03/2014
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Materials Science
- Series Part/Volume Number152
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note30 black & white tables, biography
- Weight676 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.13New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $25.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.