All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt was our intention and goal to bring together m Biopestzcides Use and Delavery the latest advances in the science and techlogy of the evolving field of biopesticides In the context of crop protectton, btopesttcides are a key component of integrated pest management (IPM) programs, m which biopesticides are delivered to crops m inundative quantities, vs the mocu- tive approach, which is charactertstic of classical biological control. Although there are several definitions of biopesttcides m the literature, we chose to define them as either microbials themselves or products derived from microbials, plants, and other biological entities. In the developed, industrial countries, primarily in Western Europe and the United States, biopesticides are receiving more practical attention, smce they are viewed as a means to reduce the load of synthetic chemical pes- tides m an effort to provide for safer foods and a cleaner envtronment. In the developing countries, biopestictdes are viewed as having the potential to - ploit nattve resources to produce crop protection agents that would replace imported chemical pesticides and conserve much-needed hard currencies These trends are well represented by the dynamic growth of engineered crops expressing the delta-endotoxm insecticidal protem crystals of Bacillus thuringzenszs (B. t ) m corn, cotton, and potatoes and the development of - combinant B. t.
- Author(s)Franklin R. Hall,J.J. Menn
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/12/1998
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleMethods in Biotechnology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 5
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1072 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.