All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionSpecifically tailored to life science students, this textbook explains quantitative aspects of human biophysics with examples drawn from contemporary physiology, genetics and nabiology. It outlines important physical ideas, equations and examples at the heart of contemporary physiology, along with the organization necessary to understand that kwledge. The wide range of biophysical topics covered include energetics, bond formation and dissociation, diffusion and directed transport, muscle and connective tissue physics, fluid flow, membrane structure, electrical properties and transport, pharmacokinetics and system dynamics and stability. Enabling students to understand the uses of quantitation in modern biology, equations are presented in the context of their application, rather than derivation. They are each directed toward the understanding of a biological principle, with a particular emphasis on human biology. Supplementary resources, including a range of test questions, are available at www.cambridge.org/9781107001442.
- Author BiographyPatrick F. Dillon is Professor in the Department of Physiology at Michigan State University. He has taught physiology for more than 30 years, ranging from high school to medical school level. He was awarded the Outstanding Faculty Award from Michigan State University in recognition of his teaching achievements.
- Author(s)Patrick F. Dillon
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note162 b/w illus. 10 tables
- Weight780 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.