All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBiopolitics and the 'Obesity Epidemic' is the first edited collection of critical perspectives on the 'obesity epidemic.' The volume provides a comprehensive discussion of current issues in the critical analysis of health, obesity and society, and the impact of obesity discourses on different individuals, social groups and institutions. Contributors from the UK, Canada, New Zealand and Australia provide original, accessible, and engaging chapters on issues such as the effects on individuals, families, youths and schools. The timely contributions offered by Biopolitics and the 'Obesity Epidemic' to this highly topical area will be of interest to a wide range of readers, including teachers, education professionals, community health and allied professionals, and academics in areas such as education, health, youth studies, social work and psychology.
- Author BiographyValerie Harwood is a senior lecturer in the Faculty of Education at the University of Wollongong. Her recently published book Diagnosing 'Disorderly' Children (2006, Routledge) came runner-up in the prestigious National Association of Special Needs in Education/Times Educational Supplement Academic Book Award, 2006. Jan Wright is Professor of Education and Associate Dean (Research) in the Faculty of Education at the University of Wollongong. She is co-editor of Body Knowledge and Control and Critical Inquiry and Problem Solving in Physical Education (Routledge 2004) and co-author with Michael Gard of The Obesity Epidemic: Science, Ideology and Morality (Routledge, 2005).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/02/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Health and Social Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight344 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byJan Wright,Valerie Harwood
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.