All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout the history of mental health practice, conflicting and irreconcilable theories have caused confusion about how disorders form, what they look like, and how they should be assessed and treated. But dramatic scientific advances in recent years have shed light on the scientific processes that underlie and connect body and mind. As a result, the patchwork theoretical orientations of the past can w be replaced by a unified, science-based, biopsychosocial framework for understanding human development, functioning, and behavior change. In this book, Timothy Melchert presents a comprehensive biopsychosocial framework for behavioral health care. He lays out the essential scientific and ethical foundations of the framework and then applies it across the treatment process, from intake through outcome assessment. In doing so, Melchert provides a critical basis for the integrated health care systems of the 21st century. This book is appropriate for all mental health practitioners treating all types of patients, at all levels of functioning, in general as well as specialized practice.
- Author BiographyTimothy P. Melchert, PhD, graduated in 1992 from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a doctorate in counseling psychology. He taught at Texas Tech University before moving to Marquette University in 1998. There he served for many years at Marquette as training codirector, department chair, and assistant vice provost for graduate programs, and he also served on the State of Wisconsin Psychology Examining Board. He is a member of multiple journal editorial boards. His previous book, Foundations of Professional Psychology: The End of Theoretical Orientations and the Emergence of the Biopsychosocial Approach, was published in 2011.
- Author(s)Timothy P. Melchert
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychological Association
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.