About this product
- DescriptionBioregionalism and Civil Society addresses the urgent need for sustainability in industrialized societies. It explores the bioregional movement in the US, Canada, and Mexico, examining its vision, values, strategies, and tools for building sustainable societies. Practically, Mike Carr argues for bioregionalism as a place-specific, community movement that can stand in diverse opposition to the homogenizing trends of corporate globalization. Theoretically, the author seeks lessons for civil society-based social theory and strategy. Carr's argument that bioregional values and community-building tools support a diverse, democratic, socially just civil society that respects the natural world makes a significant contribution to the fields of green political science, social change theory, and environmental thought.
- Author BiographyMike Carr has been active for decades in the social justice, peace, and ecology movements, in addition to bioregionalism. For the past several years he has taught geography, urban studies, and First Nation studies at the University of British Columbia and Simon Fraser University.
- Author(s)Mike Carr
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleSustainability & the Environment
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content Note8 maps, 2 b/w photos
- Weight531 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.49Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.