All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionR the statistical and graphical environment is rapidlyemerging as an important set of teaching and research tools forbiologists. This book draws upon the popularity and freeavailability of R to couple the theory and practice ofbiostatistics into a single treatment, so as to provide a textbookfor biologists learning statistics, R, or both. An abridgeddescription of biostatistical principles and analysis sequence keysare combined together with worked examples of the practical use ofR into a complete practical guide to designing and analyzing realbiological research.
Topics covered include: * simple hypothesis testing, graphing * exploratory data analysis and graphical summaries * regression (linear, multi and n-linear) * simple and complex ANOVA and ANCOVA designs (including nested,factorial, blocking, spit-plot and repeated measures) * frequency analysis and generalized linear models.
Linear mixed effects modeling is also incorporated extensivelythroughout as an alternative to traditional modelingtechniques.
The book is accompanied by a companion websitewww.wiley.com/go/logan/r with an extensive set of resourcescomprising all R scripts and data sets used in the book, additionalworked examples, the biology package, and other instructionalmaterials and links.
- Author(s)Murray Logan
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2009
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1148 g
- Width178 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43