All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChef and owner of two-hatted Biota Dining in Bowral, New South Wales, James Viles has become one of Australia's most respected young chefs and restaurateurs, recognised for his commitment to sustainability and his dramatic modern food. He champions the use of seasonal, ethical produce to create honest, pure and delicious dishes. Biota Dining sits in Australia's Southern Highlands, a remarkably beautiful region kwn for its fertile farmland, dense forests and seasonal climate. James' philosophy is simple: listen to the local environment and take your inspiration and intuition from the very place that surrounds you. His dishes match ingredients, textures and flavours that exist alongside each other in nature. While James Viles might be redefining regional Australian cuisine, this tion of biota is relevant everywhere in the world. In this his first book, James invites readers to celebrate spectacular food created from the perfect balance of animal and plant life in the Southern Highlands. Biota contains over 80 delicious, seasonal and achievable recipes.
- Author BiographyChef and owner of two hatted Biota Dining & Rooms in NSW Bowral, James Viles has become one of Australia's most respected young chefs and restaurateurs, recognised particularly for his commitment to sustainability and his imaginative modern food. The restaurant takes its name from the word Biota (noun) meaning animals and plant life of a particular region. Winning a coveted chef's hat in the first year of opening, Biota Dining has become one of the most awarded regional restaurants in NSW. This is his first book. Biota Dining was honoured in the Australian Financial Review Top 100 Restaurants 2015 and won The Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide Regional Restaurant of the Year 2015 and 2014. In 2013 James was awarded Electrolux Young Restaurateur of the Year.
- Author(s)James Viles
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication21/10/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Weight1610 g
- Width230 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.15
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $32.89
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $17.47
- AU $29.37Trending at AU $33.20
- AU $14.72Trending at AU $15.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.