All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionBreakthroughs in biotechlogy are redefining the very concept of life, transforming society and presenting unprecedented opportunities and challenges: Will human geme sequencing help to treat genetic diseases and indefinitely prolong life? Can nature's workshop inspire superior biomaterials that transform industries? Will genetically modified super crops feed a hungry world? With biotechlogy set to be the driving force of the twenty-first century, mastery of the life sciences will be the key to wealth generation and ecomic ascendancy. Can the Arab world regain its past supremacy in these fields? Can it benefit from the biotech revolution while avoiding its perils? This volume of essays by Jamal S. Al-Suwaidi, Helen Quigley, Andrew Greene and others, examines the complex ethical, legal and social issues raised by the biotech revolution that need to be resolved by governments and decision makers.
- Author BiographyThe Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research, based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Author(s)Emirates Center for Strategic Studies & Research
- PublisherThe Emirates Center for Strategic Studies & Research
- Date of Publication18/06/2004
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationAbu Dhabi
- Country of PublicationUnited Arab Emirates
- ImprintThe Emirates Center for Strategic Studies & Research
- Content Note50 illustrations
- Weight807 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.