All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionVarious types of secondary agriculture and forestry wastes represent valuable resource materials for developing alternate energy as biofuels and other value added products such as sugars, phels, furans, organic acids, enzymes and digestible animal feed etc. However, if t managed properly, waste material and environmental contaminants generated by various industries such as food and feed, pulp and paper and textile may lead to severe environmental pollution. The energy, food and feed demand necessitate developing simple and ecomically viable techlogies for environmental management and resource recovery. Microorganisms and their enzymes contribute significantly in utilization of plant residues, resource recovery and eventually in pollution mitigation. Biotechlogy for Environmental Management and Resource Recovery presents a comprehensive review of selected research topics in a compendium of 16 chapters related to environmental pollution control and developing biotechlogies in agro-ecosystem management and bioconversion of agro-residues (ligcellulosics) into biofuels, animal feed and paper etc. This book provides a valuable resource for reference and text material to graduate and postgraduate students, researchers, scientists working in the area of microbiology, biotechlogy, and environmental science and engineering.
- Author BiographyDr. Ramesh Chander Kuhad, M.Sc., M. Phil and Ph.D. (Microbiology), is currently a Professor of Microbiology in the Department of Microbiology and Joint Director, Institute of Life Long Learning, University of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi, India. The main focus of his research is on Microbiology and Biotechnology of Lignocellulose Bioconversion. Over all, the main theme of his research is to make use of waste lignocellulosics and the crop byproducts in developing value added products. He has published more than 120 peer reviewed research papers and chapters with SCI more than 1000 (since 1996) and three books. Dr. Kuhad is a member of Executive council/Planning and Monitoring Board, Academic council and Governing bodies of various Educational Institutes. He has also served as Treasurer (9 years) and General Secretary (6 years) for Association of Microbiologists of India (AMI). He has been the recipient of commonwealth scholarship, UNIDO-ICGEB Short-Term Fellowship, Long-Term Overseas Research Associateship and Short-Term Biotechnology Overseas Associateship awards. Dr. Ajay Singh is the Technical Director of Lystek International Inc., Cambridge and Adjunct Faculty Member at the University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. He has authored/edited 10 books in the area of biotechnology, applied bioremediation, published around 200 peer-reviewed research papers and book chapters; he holds 12 international patents. Dr. Singh has 25 years of experience in industrial research/process development and designing various bioreactor-based processes related to wastewater, bioremediation, fermentation and food industries. He is currently an advisor to various international environmental companies and academic organizations in Canada, USA, Asia and Middle East. He has been honored with a young scientist award by Association of Microbiologists of India and is currently a Fellow of National Academy of Biological Sciences and National Academy of Agricultural Sciences of India, and is an active member of international societies such as Water Environment Association of Ontario and Water Environment Federation.
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication26/03/2013
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note54 black & white tables, biography
- Weight856 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAjay Singh,Ramesh Chander Kuhad
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.