Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis symposium is devoted to Biotechlogy in Blood Transfusion; there are 22 experts discussing the state of the art in the application of moclonal anti- bodies, recombinant DNA techlogies and heterologous expression systems to the improvement and sometimes replacement of blood products, charac- terization of blood constituents, and the effect of these developments on blood transfusion procedures. Ten and maybe five years ago the title of a symposium such as this would have been Biosciences in blood transfusion, informing what basic developments in molecular biology, biochemistry and human physiology might pertain to blood transfusion in the distant future. That future is getting closer, and t only one is interested in basic developments in immulogy, recognition and identification of viral and bacterial components and products, tissue and blood bloodgroup blood group typing, typing, but also in the potential application of these developments and their ecomic perspectives. That is what biotechlogy is all alI about: basic science telIs tells us where and how we might look for new techlogies, and the development of such tech- logies is only possible if there is a perspective for improvement in quality, safety, acceptance or performance to cost ratio.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/10/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleDevelopments in Hematology and Immunology
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight433 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCees Smit Sibinga,L. R. Overby,P. C. Das
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.