Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe debate on biotechlogy focuses on the likely risks instead of objectively assessing the techlogy on a case-by-case basis to come out with suitable policy implications. This book fills this serious gap by discussing the case of the first biotech product in India, Bt cotton. Focusing on the socioecomic aspects of agricultural biotechlogy rather than the techlogy, it covers a range of issues relating to the potential and performance of new products and offers valuable suggestions for policy making. After introducing the nature and organization of biotechlogy, the patterns of product development are presented. It uses the results of two longitudinal surveys conducted in all the cotton growing agro-climatic zones of Andhra Pradesh and employs a conceptual framework to bring out the performance of this techlogy.
- Author BiographyN. Chandrasekhara Rao is an associate professor at the Center for Economic and Social Studies (CESS) and his areas of research interest include agricultural and development economics, poverty reduction, and the labor market. S. Mahendra Dev is chairman of the Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices based in New Delhi and is a former director for CESS. He has written extensively on agricultural development, poverty and public policy, food security, employment guarantee schemes, social security, farm and nonfarm employment. He has been a consultant to many international organizations, including the World Bank, the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Author(s)N. Chandrasekhara Rao,S. Mahendra Dev
- PublisherAcademic Foundation
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationGhaziabad
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintAcademic Foundation
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight440 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.