All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of these proceedings was to address the techlogical, ecomic, insti- tutional and social questions raised by the rapidly evolving u se of biotechlogy for the protection. restoration, and sustainability of our environment. The symposium, Biotech- logy in the Sustainable Environment emphasized the future-oriented nature of biotech- logy, that is, the potential use of biotechlogy in upstream decisions about materials management, in addition to the status and directions of urrent c applications. This sympo- sium incorporated statc-of-the-science. as well as risk and policy issues into the lopics of biotechlogy and remediation, waste treatment, environmental evaluation and monitor- ing, and versatility and future directions in biotechlogy and sustainability. Achieving a sustainable environment cant be accomplished by one discipline or one sector of soci- ety. Likewise, long-term environmental sustainability cant be accomplished by one gov- ernment. Sustainability must be a global effort as is evident from the multinational participation in these proceedings. The importance of biotechlogy, sustainability, and the environment is highlighted by the combined support that this discipline receives from industry and the government. In this regard, we ackwledge the foresight of the sponsors and supporters of this sympo- sium: Eastman Chemical Company, E. !. DuPont De Nemours and Company, Inc.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/10/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleEnvironmental Science Research
- Series Part/Volume Number54
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight693 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byGary S. Sayler,John Sanseverino,Kimberly L. Davis
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1997
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.