All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than 20 years, we have lacked a consensus about the threat biological agents pose to the United States. Various and sometimes volumius risk assessments, threat assessments and vulnerability assessments have yielded wildly different conclusions. This impass is unworkable for several reasons, but the current ecomic environment and recent world events, including regime change in several countries with biological weapons programs, make its resolution an urgent matter. This paper, which is intended to be the first of a three-part essay, proposes a conceptual framework to mitigate the problem. It envisions a biological attack as the output of a complex system. Discerning threats requires an interdisciplinary team to provide the essential, but disparate inputs for each of the model's dimensions. Each essay portion will explore a separate dimension of the framework in depth: beliefs and behavior, biology and bureaucracy. After proposing the basic framework, the focus of this paper is the biology (capability) dimension of the model. After all, before we can predict how an adversary might infect, poison or contaminate a target, we need to clearly undestand what is required to infect, poison or contaminate a target. It's t as hard as you might think!
- Author(s)Krystal L Murphy
- Date of Publication03/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight136 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.