All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the evidence base for the NICE guideline on the management of bipolar disorder in adults (including pregnant women and older adults), children and adolescents. It covers diagsis and assessment in primary and secondary care, and pharmacological, psychological and psychosocial management. The guideline also contains a chapter on patient experience. An essential resource for all professionals involved in the treatment and management of bipolar disorder, this book is a milestone in the development of truly independent and transparent clinical guidance and an essential tool in improving the quality of mental healthcare in the UK. NICE Mental Health Guidelines These guidelines from the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) set out clear recommendations, based on the best available evidence, for health care professionals on how to work with and implement physical, psychological and service-level interventions for people with various mental health conditions. The book contains the full guidelines that cant be obtained in print anywhere else. It brings together all of the evidence that led to the recommendations made, detailed explanations of the methodology behind their preparation, plus an overview of the condition covering detection, diagsis and assessment, and the full range of treatment and care approaches. The accompanying free CD-ROM contains all the data used as evidence, including: * Included and excluded studies. * Profile tables that summarise both the quality of the evidence and the results of the evidence synthesis. * All meta-analytical data, presented as forest plots. * Detailed information about how to use and interpret forest plots.
- Author BiographyThe National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health (NCCMH) was established in 2001 by the UK-based National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) to develop guidance on the appropriate treatment and care of people with mental health problems and then write the clinical guidelines. The NCCMH is a partnership between the Royal College of Psychiatrists and the British Psychological Society.
- Author(s)National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health
- PublisherBritish Psychological Society
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleNICE Guidelines
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBritish Psychological Society
- Weight1034 g
- Width169 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.