Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.19Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince 1972 Mark Cocker has been a member of a community of obsessional people, almost all male, who sacrifice most of their spare time, a good deal of money, sometimes their chances of a partner or family, even occasionally their lives, to watch birds. Birders is the story of this community, of its characters, its rules, its equipment and its adventures - many of which are hilariously funny, Birders is also a work of love - the story of what birds can do to the human heart.
- Author BiographyMark Cocker is one of Britain's foremost writers on nature and contributes regularly to the Guardian, the Times Literary Supplement, as well as BBC Radio Four. His six other books deal with modern responses to wilderness, whether found in landscape, human societies or in other species. They include a biography, Richard Meinerzthagen, shortlisted for the Angel Prize and the hugely acclaimed bestseller Birds Britannica (with Richard Mabey). He recently won a Winston Churchill Travel Fellowship to study the cultural importance of birds in West Africa.
- Author(s)Mark Cocker
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication05/09/2002
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight171 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.