Birds and Animals of Australia's Top End: Darwin, Kakadu, Katherine, and Kununurra by Nick Leseberg, Iain Campbell (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $49.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most amazing and accessible wildlife-watching destinations on earth, the Top End of Australia's Northern Territory is home to incredible birds and animals--from gaudy Red-collared Lorikeets to sinister Estuarine Crocodiles and raucous Black Flying-foxes. With this lavishly illustrated photographic field guide, you will be able to identify the most common creatures and learn about their fascinating biology--from how Agile Wallaby mothers can pause their pregnancies to why Giant Frogs spend half the year buried underground in waterproof cocoons. The Top End stretches from the tropical city of Darwin in the rth, to the savannas of Mataranka in the south, and southwest across the vast Victoria River escarpments to the Western Australian border. The region includes some of Australia's most popular and impressive tourist destinations, such as Kakadu, Litchfield, Nitmiluk, and Gregory national parks, and is visited by more than two hundred thousand tourists every year. An essential field guide for anyone visiting the Top End, this book will vastly enhance your appreciation of the region's remarkable wildlife. * Features hundreds of stunning color photographs* Includes concise information on identification and preferred habitat for each species* Provides a summary of each species' life history, including interesting habits, and suggestions on where to see it* Offers valuable tips on searching for wildlife in the Top End* An essential guide for visitors to the Top End, from Darwin south to Katherine and Kununurra, including Kakadu, Litchfield, Nitmiluk and Gregory national parks
- Author BiographyNick Leseberg is a native of Australia and a guide for Tropical Birding, which organizes bird and wildlife tours around the world. Iain Campbell is a native of Australia and cofounder of Tropical Birding. He is the coauthor of Wildlife of Australia (Princeton). Campbell and Leseberg are also coauthors of Birds of Australia: A Photographic Guide (Princeton).
- Author(s)Iain Campbell,Nick Leseberg
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication12/06/2015
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleWildguides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note400 color photos. 2 maps.
- Weight571 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.