All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClassification: Focus on: Birds shows children how to identify and group birds according to their characteristics. It answers questions such as what is a bird? Where do birds live? What do birds eat? And how do birds get around? Along with many others. The book looks at birds from owls and penguins to eagles and hawks and their young, as well as some more unusual birds such as pelicans and secretary birds. It also offers advice on keeping birds as pets. The book also contains a useful scale to demonstrate the size of many amphibians in comparison to an adult man, along with a topic web, a glossary and some suggestions for extension activities. Other titles in the series include Classification: Focus on: Amphibians, Classification: Focus on: Insects, Classification: Focus on: Reptiles, Classification: Focus on: Mammals and Classification: Focus on: Fish.
- Author BiographyStephen Savage is a biologist and natural history lecturer. He is also an assosiation member of the Institute of Biologists and an adviser for the British Marine Life Study Society.
- Author(s)Joyce Bentley,Stephen Savage
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleClassification: Focus on
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Weight162 g
- Width190 mm
- Height271 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.61
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.18
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.76
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.16
- AU $7.82Trending at AU $8.33
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $33.33
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.