All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis is one of two companion field guides that illustrate and describe all of the approximately 1,800 bird species found in the Palearctic - the huge region that includes Europe, Asia rth of the Himalayas, Africa rth of the Sahara Desert, and the Middle East excluding the Gulf countries. This volume covers n-passerines - n-songbirds, including raptors, owls, swifts, hummingbirds, cuckoos, and pigeons. It includes every n-passerine species and subspecies, in every adult plumage - all illustrated and described by Norman Arlott, a leading bird artist with many years of field experience. The two volumes of Birds of Europe, Russia, China, and Japan are the only field guides to illustrate and describe every bird species in the Palearctic. And, for many parts of this region, these books provide the first and only field guides. Features of this book include: color plates of all field-identifiable species, including subspecies and color morphs; succinct facing-page text that concentrates on key field-identification features, including voice; and, detailed distribution map for each species. This title is well-researched and accessible. It features handy format. It is the ideal field guide. It is essential for anyone interested in Eurasian birds.
- Author BiographyNorman Arlott, one of the world's leading bird artists, has illustrated close to 100 books, and his artwork regularly appears in magazines. He has led ornithology tours in East Africa, and has designed special bird stamp issues for many countries, including Jamaica, the Bahamas, Gambia, and Malawi.
- Author(s)Norman Arlott
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication02/02/2009
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitlePrinceton Illustrated Checklists S.
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note91 color plates. 700 maps.
- Weight399 g
- Width127 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Norman Arlott
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.