All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA must-have guide for anyone interested in the extraordinary birds in New Zealand New Zealand's birdlife developed extraordinary diversity as a consequence of evolving on isolated islands without mammalian predators. For many years, habitat destruction brought on by humans posed a distinct threat to the wide variety of birdlife, but thanks to recent conservation efforts, many of the country's species of birds are w protected in parks and island sanctuaries. Illustrated with nearly a thousand new photographs from one of New Zealand's top nature photographers and drawing on the latest information from birders and biologists, Birds of New Zealand offers a definitive introduction to the identification and behavior of the country's extraordinary avian life. The book includes expert and up-to-date information on the 365 bird species found in New Zealand, including species ranging from albatrosses and shearwaters to kiwi and kaka. It will be a valuable addition to the existing literature on birding.
- Author BiographyPaul Scofield is Senior Curator of Natural History at Canterbury Museum in Christchurch, New Zealand. Brent Stephenson operates his own photography business and works as an ornithologist and birding guide.
- Author(s)Brent Stephenson,Paul Scofield
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note1000 colour illustrations
- Weight1252 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.