Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $311.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.46
About this product
- DescriptionRaptor biology has evolved ermously since the publication of the original edition of this book under the title Veterinary Aspects of Captive Birds of Prey. With the help of leading international experts, John E. Cooper has updated and expanded this classic reference to include all the latest data on the health and diseases of raptors. While still serving the needs of veterinary surgeons who treat birds of prey, Birds of Prey: Health & Disease also appeals to a wide readership of falconers, avian researchers, breeders, rehabilitators and zoo staff. Important changes to this new edition are the inclusion of data on free--living birds, additional material on fractures, pathology, legislation and poisons, and new sections on neonatology, health monitoring, captive--breeding and host--parasite relations. This book reviews all aspects of birds of prey, giving invaluable up--to--date information on diseases and pathology, but also looking at the history of the subject, the origins of terms, the evolution of current thinking and ending with a reliable list of primary references for further reading.
- Author BiographyJohn E. Cooper is a veterinary surgeon who has had a life--long involvement in raptors and other wildlife. He works closely with naturalists, bird--keepers, biologists, conservationist, and members of both the medical and veterinary professions. With his wife, Margaret E. Cooper, a lawyer, he has lived overseas for ten years, mainly in Africa. In Britain he is primarily a diagnostic pathologist, concentrating on wildlife an exotic species. He has postgraduate and specialist qualifications in tropical veterinary medicine, biology, comparative pathology and avian medicine. He holds appointments at several academic institutions in Europe and Africa. Author of many books and papers, he has a particular interest in promoting veterinary educations, conservation and both human and animal welfare in a global context.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/01/2002
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Science Ltd
- Content Note60 illustrations
- Weight820 g
- Width186 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byJohn E. Cooper
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.