All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe well-loved standard reference for bird-watchers and nature lovers in North Carolina and South Carolina, Birds of the Carolinas collects information on all avian species kwn to have occurred in the region since 1900. This thoroughly revised second edition describes more than 460 individual species, including 59 new species that have been recorded since the publication of the first edition in 1980. Updated entries for all species reflect the current status of bird life as well as major changes in taxomy and menclature. Each species account indicates when and where the bird is most likely to be found in the Carolinas, its nesting habits, feeding habits, and descriptive information useful in identifying the species. Generously illustrated with 350 color photographs, this comprehensive guide to regional birds and their behavior will quickly earn a prominent place on the bookshelf of every bird-watcher in the Carolinas.
- Author BiographyELOISE F. POTTER is former director of communications at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences. JAMES F. PARNELL is professor emeritus of biology at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. He is coauthor of Mammals of the Carolinas, Virginia, and Maryland and Freshwater Fishes of the Carolinas, Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware, both from the University of North Carolina Press. ROBERT P. TEULINGS, retired environmental engineer at the North Carolina Department of Environmental and Natural Resources, is past president of the Carolina Bird Club. RICKY DAVIS is editor for the Southern Atlantic region for North American Birds, a quarterly journal of ornithological record published by the American Birding Association.
- Author(s)Eloise F. Potter,James F. Parnell,Ricky Davis,Robert P. Teulings
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2006
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note350 colour photos, 1 drawing, 1 map, glossary, bibl., index
- Weight885 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.37Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.