All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIreland is slowly becoming a country of nature and bird enthusiasts. Everyone has a space - gardens, farmland and oases of natural habitat - to enjoy everyday encounters with birds. Familiar the birds may be but their lives can fascinate and they are adapted to survive in ways that surprise. They are centre stage in this book that brings alive the feathered characters of Irish neighbourhoods. Following the success of Birds Through Irish Eyes, Anthony McGeehan and Julian Wyllie take on the task of showcasing over seventy species, from Coal Tits, which choose to drop more seed from feeders than they carry away, to Irish Swallows, which avoid dying from thirst while crossing the Sahara. Some are permanent residents, others use Ireland as one of several homes. Distinctive descriptions are complemented by stunning photographs. 'Common-or-garden' is a term that has patronised Ireland's familiar birds for too long. Discover what our birds do and enjoy them even more.
- Author BiographyAnthony McGeehan, from Belfast, has been watching and photographing birds since childhood. Today, he leads birdwatching tours and assists BirdWatch Ireland. Widely published in magazines and newspapers, his book Birds Through Irish Eyes (2012) attracted much favourable comment. Julian Wyllie is one of the last birders who learned to read with The Observer's Book of Birds. Sharing his love for the natural world with a fascination for post-1965 underground music, he worked as a second-hand record dealer, as a dishwasher and for conservation bodies. He lives on Sherkin Island in West Cork, birding or listening to The Fall.
- Author(s)Anthony McGeehan,Julian Wyllie
- PublisherThe Collins Press
- Date of Publication19/09/2014
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Collins Press
- Content Notecolour photographs
- Weight912 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.