All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBirds of the Horn of Africa is widely regarded as the best field guide to the more than 1,000 species of resident, migrant, and vagrant birds found in rtheast Africa--and it just got even better. Now fully revised and expanded, this comprehensive, easy-to-use guide has been updated with the latest information on distribution, identification, and taxomy. New vagrants to the region have been added; color plates, illustrations, and distribution maps have been thoroughly updated and improved; and much more--making this still the must-have guide for birders, naturalists, and travelers in the region. * Covers Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Somalia, and the Socotra archipelago* Features more than 2,600 illustrations on 213 stunning color plates* Provides a color distribution map for every species* Detailed species accounts on facing pages describe key identification features, similar species, geographical variation, habitat, status, and voice* Includes a glossary, identification tips, and information about habitats* Key identification features are shown more prominently in the text* Now includes an antated distributional checklist by country and a comparison table for large white-headed gulls
- Author BiographyNigel Redman is a publisher and bird tour leader who has visited Africa many times. Terry Stevenson and John Fanshawe are the authors of Birds of East Africa (Princeton) and have many years of experience leading bird tours and conducting conservation work in Africa.
- Author(s)John Fanshawe,Nigel Redman,Terry Stevenson
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication27/09/2016
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitlePrinceton Field Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note213 color plates. 1,000+ color maps.
- Weight914 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementRevised and Expanded ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.