All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Trans-Pecos, that huge region of Texas west of the Pecos River, is richer in recorded bird species than all but three of the United States. Hundreds of birders come here each year in search of species such as the Colima Warbler which are rarely if ever spotted in other parts of the country. Yet, until w, there was comprehensive birding guide devoted to the entire region. Designed for intermediate to advanced birders, Birds of the Trans-Pecos provides an antated checklist of all 482 species found in the region. The species accounts include seasonal distribution, documentation of nesting, most likely habitat, and the bird's status as a Texas Review Species. The authors also describe the geography and bird habitats of the Trans-Pecos; federal and state parklands in the area (including Big Bend and Guadalupe Mountains), with the species that occur in each; and the mountain-breeding birds and species of special interest.
- Author BiographyFormerly Curator of Ornithology at the Dallas Museum of Natural History, where he led birdwatching tours throughout Central and South America, Jim Peterson is now Director of Technology at the Episcopal School of Dallas. Barry R. Zimmer, of El Paso, is a tour guide and naturalist for Victor Emanuel Nature Tours. Victor Emanuel is the founder of Victor Emanuel Nature Tours (VENT). His travels have taken him around the world, particularly the American Southwest, Mexico, Panama, and Peru. In 1957, he founded (and continues to compile) the record-breaking Freeport Christmas Bird Count, and he has also served as president of the Texas Ornithological Society.
- Author(s)Barry R. Zimmer,Jim Peterson
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1998
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleCorrie Herring Hooks Series
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note33 color photos in 16 page section, 14 line drawings, 2 maps
- Weight596 g
- Width3564 mm
- Height5499 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gail Diane Yovanovich
- Foreword byVictor Emanuel
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.