All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe guide and mentor to the Ottoman military was Imperial Germany as the military developed its version of the Prussian 'School of Empire' - a set of ideas and practices which in the eyes of the officer corps saw the military as the embodiment of the Ottoman Turkish nation state. The military had intervened decisively in the 1908 Constitutional Revolution and were vital in bringing the Ottoman Empire into World War I on the side of the Central Powers. Based on original Ottoman and German sources. The Birth of Modern Turkey shows how military thinking and policy contributed to the triumph of Ataturk and the founding of the modern Turkish state.
- Author BiographyHandan Nezir-Akmese carried out her research at the Department of Middle East Studies, University of Manchester.
- Author(s)Handan Nezir-Akmese
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication26/08/2005
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleInternational Library of Twentieth Century History
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight513 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.