All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this rich, evocative study, Rhoda Ann Kanaaneh examines the changing tions of sexuality, family, and reproduction among Palestinians living in Israel. Distinguishing itself amid the media maelstrom that has homogenized Palestinians as terrorists, this important new work offers a complex, nuanced, and humanized depiction of a group rendered invisible despite its substantial size, w accounting for nearly twenty percent of Israel's population. Groundbreaking and thought-provoking, Birthing the Nation contextualizes the politics of reproduction within contemporary issues affecting Palestinians, and places these issues against the backdrop of a dominant Israeli society.
- Author BiographyRhoda Ann Kanaaneh is a Jean Monnet Fellow at the European University Institute's Robert Schuman Center for Advanced Studies and the Mediterranean Programme.
- Author(s)Rhoda Ann Kanaaneh
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication28/06/2002
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleCalifornia Series in Public Anthropology
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note15 b/w photographs, 3 tables, 1 map
- Weight68 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Foreword byHanan Ashrawi
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.