Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.79Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2007, Nicholas Lezard was kicked out of his home, for reasons we need t go into here. Since then he has been obliged to muster whatever scant internal resources he has - and to pay child support - while maintaining an entirely essential wine habit. From being the adult father in a household with three children he has had to relearn the art of being just one member of a shared home, as if he was a student all over again. His housemates have included his great friend Razors, the psychopath with a heart of gold, and Laurie Penny, the brilliant feminist journalist and campaigner who still would prefer t to empty the bins. He hopes this account of his adventures and misadventures in love, alcohol and games of Night Cricket played against the wall of the local church will be a comfort and an inspiration to all feckless male dolts in similar positions. And an Awful Warning for those who are, as yet, t.
- Author BiographyNicholas Lezard is a weekly contributor to the Guardian's book pages, and writes the 'Down and Out in London' column in the New Statesman, from which this book has been adapted, and bits and bobs for the Independent and the London Evening Standard, et al. He wrote the Guardian's notorious 'Slack Dad' column for years and was, for a decade, the Independent on Sunday's radio critic. But, as he has discovered, nothing lasts for ever.
- Author(s)Nicholas Lezard
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication04/07/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight232 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.