Bitters and Shrub Syrup Cocktails: Restorative Vintage Cocktails, Mocktails, and Elixirs by Warren Bobrow (Spiral bound, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.20Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSo simple to create at home, Bitters and Shrub Syrups will add an incredible depth of flavor to any beverage. Historically, cocktail bitters, drinking vinegars, and even infused syrups were originally used for curing sickness with high concentrations of beneficial (healing) herbs and flowers. The slight alcohol base of bitters kept the often-fragile ingredients from rotting in the age before refrigeration. Bitters in the modern cocktail bar are embraced as concentrated and sophisticated flavor agents, although they are still used in holistic healing by herbalists. Shrubs add both tart and sweet tes to a craft cocktail or mocktail. They sate your hunger and quench your thirst, while stimulating digestion and good health of the gut. The Cocktail Whisperer, Warren Bobrow, has been using bitters and shrubs in his quest for added zest in many of his craft cocktails, adding depth and mystery to a generic mixed drink. Bitters and Shrub Syrups will send your taste buds back in time with 75 traditional and newly-created recipes for medicinally-themed drinks. Learn the fascinating history of apothecary bitters, healing herbs, flowers, fruits, vegetables, and vinegars that are making a comeback in cocktail and n-alcoholic recipes. If you love vintage cocktails, you'll surely enjoy this guide to mixing delicious elixirs.
- Author BiographyWARREN BOBROW, author of Apothecary Cocktails and Whiskey Cocktails, and over three hundred articles on food, wine, and cocktail mixology, is hugely knowledgeable in the world of cocktails. In addition to his popular blog, The Cocktail Whisperer, he writes for the Williams-Sonoma blog, Foodista.com, Voda magazine, Saveur, Serious Eats, The Beverage Journal and Beverage News and Edible New Jersey. Warren has taught social media and food writing at the New School in NY as well as the Institute for Culinary Education. He is a Ministry of Rum judge and was the only journalist from the USA asked to participate in Fete de la Gastronomie 2012 in Paris. www.cocktailwhisperer.com PHILIP M. DOBARD, is the Vice President SoFAB Institute, Home of The Museum of the American Cocktail.
- Author(s)Warren Bobrow
- PublisherFair Winds Press
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationRockport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFair Winds Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width146 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byPhilip M. Dobard
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.