Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the story of the yew tree at the heart of all modern democracy to the world's first zebra crossing this A-Z guide to Bizarre Berkshire explores the people and places, the stories and the legends of the Royal county. UFOs, nuclear cows, crop circles and Hammer horror all feature in this rumbustious compendium of the strange and wonderful. You will be astonished at the things you didn't kw about Berkshire.
- Author BiographyDuncan Mackay is a former winner of the Henry Ford European Conservation Award for Heritage. He is a former editor of the Twyford and Ruscombe Local History Society Journal. He has worked as: Director of the South East region of the Countryside Agency, Technical Director in the Babtie Group, Environmental Manager for Berkshire County Council, and Deputy Secretary of the Commons, Open Spaces and Footpaths Preservation Society. His publications include The Secret Thames (1992) Apples, Berkshire, Cider (1996) and Eat Wild (2010).
- Author(s)Duncan Mackay
- PublisherTwo Rivers Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTwo Rivers Press
- Content Note26 b&w illustrations
- Width104 mm
- Height235 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sally Castle
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.