All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first 100 vintage covers from one of the longest-running and most significant martial-arts magazines are presented in this incredible album. Showcasing the genesis and evolution of the publication, this retrospective cover art -- which includes such fighting and acting legends as Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Morihei Uyeshiba, Sean Connery, Gene LeBell, and Toshiro Mifune -- offers a glimpse into its foundational years. Written summaries of table articles, quotes and advertisements in each issue complement the images and speak to the increased world-wide influence of the arts, as well as underline the diversity that comprises the industry. A history as well as cultural study, this magnificent collection documents the martial-arts heroes, philosophies, and traditions that are still influencing artists today.
- Author BiographyBlack Belt is the world's leading martial-arts magazine and is dedicated to classical and modern martial arts. First published in 1961, the magazine features interviews with the world's most prestigious martial artists; in-depth coverage of the latest techniques, weapons, self-defense systems, training regimens, and industry trends; and historical pieces on the philosophies of various combat styles. They are located in Valencia, California.
- Author(s)Black Belt Editors
- PublisherBlack Belt Communications
- Date of Publication14/04/2009
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationSanta Clarita, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlack Belt Communications
- Content Note100 colour photos
- Weight878 g
- Width310 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.