Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.30
About this product
- DescriptionThrough the story of one family, we learn how white settlers moved into the Florida territory, taking it from the natives with false treaties and finally all-out war. The natives in Florida had arrived there t long before, coming to fill the area left by earlier natives who had died off after the first contact with Europeans. Most of the arriving white settlers had been lured there by a federal government anxious to expand its territory. Thus, both sides were newcomers anxious to take Florida and found themselves in conflict with each other. Paul Varnes has created a sweeping and believable story of early Florida derived from the experiences of his own ancestors. The characters in Black Creek are based on his family members a generation before those he used for his first vel, Confederate Money.
- Author BiographyPaul Varnes is a retired professor from the University of Florida. An eighth-generation Floridian, he drew on official documents and his own family history to write Black Creek, as well as his first novel, Confederate Money.
- Author(s)Paul Varnes
- PublisherPineapple Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPineapple Press
- Weight408 g
- Width360 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.