All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBlack Diamond City: The Victorian Era is the first book in Jan Peterson's trilogy on the history of Nanaimo. Peterson traces the evolution of the city from its First Nations history to its coal industry to its becoming a diversified Victorian-era community. Using original diaries, journals, letters, ships' logs, government records, maps, archival photographs and her own drawings, Peterson vividly brings to life both the historical events that shaped Nanaimo and its people.
- Author BiographyBorn and educated in Scotland, Jan Peterson immigrated with her family to Kingston, Ontario, in 1957. In 1972, she moved with her husband, Ray, and their three children to Port Alberni. With a lifelong interest in painting, writing, and history, she is recognized for her many years of involvement in the arts and community service. As a reporter for the Alberni Valley Times, she won a Jack Wasserman Award for investigative journalism. Jan and Ray retired to Nanaimo in 1996, where she continues to research and write. She is the author of nine previous books, including Hub City: Nanaimo 18861920 and Kilts on the Coast: The Scots Who Built BC.
- Author(s)Jan Peterson
- PublisherHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBritish Columbia
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Content Noteb/w photos & illus
- Weight316 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.