Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description**THE TOP 5 SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER** 'My book of the year so far. Breathtakingly, heart-stoppingly brilliant...A beautifully written, gripping, intelligent, unpredictable crime vel that obsessed me from start to finish' Awarded Crime Novel of the Year by Sophie Hannah, internationally bestselling author of The Narrow Bed A chilling new thriller that gets into the heart and mind of the killer, and the victim ...Seventeen-year-old Tessa, dubbed a 'Black-Eyed Susan' by the media, became famous for being the only victim to survive the vicious attack of a serial killer. Her testimony helped to put a dangerous criminal behind bars - or so she thought. Now, decades later the black-eyed susans planted outside Tessa's bedroom window seem to be a message from a killer who should be safely in prison. Haunted by fragmented memories of the night she was attacked and terrified for her own teenage daughter's safety, can Tessa uncover the truth about the killer before it's too late? Praise for Black-Eyed Susans 'It's a terrific plot, matched by the quality of the writing and superbly paced tension' The Times Book of the Month 'Black Eyed Susans is a compelling read, especially for Serial fans' Cosmopolitan 'Creepy and compelling, Black-Eyed Susans is a shadowy and crooked journey to a very dark place indeed, a twisty fairytale that deceives you just when you think you've cracked it and a thriller to make you remember why you love thrillers. Don't miss it' Observer, Thriller of the Month 'One of the classiest thrillers you'll read this year' Charlotte Heathcote of Daily Express and Sunday Express 'Mesmerising ...In a crowded field, Heaberlin is something special, and clearly an author to whom close attention must be paid' Barry Forshaw, Crime Time 'About as good an example of Grip Lit as you could read' Sunday Independent 'Sophisticated, disturbing and with plenty of red herrings' Woman and Home 'We can't remember the last time a thriller burrowed under our skin like this. Sparkling characters, authentic emotion, and an unpredictable plot makes this a terrific read from start to end' iBooks, Books of the Month 'The assured telling of this chiller combines to create a very modern Gothic horror that will keep you up way past your bedtime' Sunday Mirror 'A sophisticated take on the serial killer vel' Good Housekeeping 'Black Eyed Susans is haunting, intense and original - it'll keep you guessing till the last page' Closer 'A masterful thriller that shouldn't be missed. Heaberlin's work calls to mind that of Gillian Flynn. Both writers published impressive early vels that were largely overlooked, and then one that couldn't be: Flynn's Gone Girl and w Heaberlin's Black-Eyed Susans. Don't miss it' Washington Post 'A fascinating, twisted book' Koethi Zan, author of Richard and Judy-selected THE NEVER LIST 'This is a deftly organised, impeccably paced psychological suspense thriller that ds to Daphne du Maurier and, like all Heaberlin's fiction, boasts purr-inducing prose ' Sunday Times, Culture Magazine 'Tense, pacy and compelling, Black-Eyed Susans is a taut psychological thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Julia Haeberlin masterfully ramps up the suspense gradually, building to an explosive deuement that you won't see coming. Quite simply, the best thriller you'll read this year - perhaps decade. Miss it at your peril. Keep Calm and Read a Book Reviews
- Author BiographyJulia Heaberlin is an award-winning journalist. She has also edited numerous real-life thriller stories, including a series on the perplexing and tragic murders of girls buried in the Mexican desert and another on domestic violence. She lives with her husband and son in Texas.
- Author(s)Julia Heaberlin
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight287 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.