All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWINNER OF THE 2016 PULITZER PRIZE FOR GENERAL NONFICTION A Best Book of 2015 --The New York Times, The Washington Post, People Magazine, San Francisco Chronicle, Kansas City Star, and Kirkus Reviews In a thrilling dramatic narrative, Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter Joby Warrick traces how the strain of militant Islam behind ISIS first arose in a remote Jordanian prison and spread with the unwitting aid of two American presidents. Drawing on unique high-level access to CIA and Jordanian sources, Warrick weaves gripping, moment-by-moment operational details with the perspectives of diplomats and spies, generals and heads of state, many of whom foresaw a menace worse than al Qaeda and tried desperately to stop it. Black Flags is a brilliant and definitive history that reveals the long arc of today's most dangerous extremist threat.
- Author BiographyJOBY WARRICK has been a reporter for The Washington Post since 1996. He has twice won the Pulitzer Prize, for journalism and for his book Black Flags: The Rise of Isis. He is also the author of The Triple Agent.
- Author(s)Joby Warrick
- PublisherAnchor Books
- Date of Publication06/09/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnchor Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width130 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.