All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith his faithful desert hawk in tow, 'Black Hawk' is instructed to enlist a hundred men willing to serve under him. The exploits of 'Black Hawk' and his rag-tag army of misfits become legendary. But just as he starts to gain the respect he richly deserves, the warrior is suddenly plucked from the Earth and transported across the galaxy to battle in an alien arena! Written by 2000 AD stalwarts Gerry Finley-Day (Rogue Trooper) and Alan Grant (Mazeworld), and featuring the unforgettable art of Alfonso Azpiri (Lorna) and Massimo Belardinelli (Ace Trucking Co.), be prepared for a epic tale of sword and sorcery which spans space and time!
- Author BiographyOne of the most prolific writers in the comic's history, Gerry Finley-Day holds a special place in many 2000 AD fans' hearts as the creator of classics like Rogue Trooper, Fiends of the Eastern Front and The V.C.s. A keen ideas man , Finley-Day's concepts of the horrors future warfare had in store were key to both Rogue and The V.C.s' continuing popularity. Finley-Day also scripted episodes of Judge Dredd and Dan Dare, and co-scripted much of Invasion! With over 300 2000 AD stories to his name - not to mention over 250 Daily Star Judge Dredd strips - Alan Grant's prolific creative record speaks for itself. Outside the Galaxy's Greatest Comic, Grant is well-known to Batman fans following a lengthy run on various incarnations of the title. More recently he has adapted Robert Louis Stevenson's classic novels Kidnapped and Doctor Jekyll and Mr Hyde in Graphic Novel format with artist Cam Kennedy. His television work includes scripts for the BBC series Ace Lightning and the Carnival of Doom. Kelvin Gosnell served as 2000 AD 's second editor, from Progs 17 to 85. He also wrote Black Hawk, Dan Dare, A Joe Black Adventure, Judge Dredd, One-Offs, Project Overkill, Ro-Jaws' Robo-Tales, The Stainless Steel Rat and Tharg's Future Shocks, as well as co-writing the first series of Flesh. Spanish-born artist Alfonso Azpiri rose to popularity writing and illustrating erotically-charged science fiction and fantasy comics in the seventies. One of his most popular strips is Lorna - a female space adventurer with a high sexual appetite. Azpiri's child-friendly comic, Mot, which features a teleporting monster and his human friend Leo, was turned into a popular animated television series in the eighties. Massimo Belardinelli's career started with him painting the backgrounds for animated cartoons which were produced by the Rosi Studio in Rome. In 1977 he started working for 2000 AD and produced the art for some much-loved strips including Ace Trucking, Meltdown Man, Flesh and Slaine. Ramon Sola provided the art for Black Hawk, Flesh, several Future Shocks and episodes of M.A.C.H. O for 2000 AD. Joe Staton's only work for the Galaxy's Greatest Comic was his Black Hawk strip for the 1982 Sci-fi Special. Joe also has the distinct honour of being the first American artist to work on 2000 AD.
- Author(s)Alan Grant,Gerry Finley-Day,Kevin Gosnell
- Date of Publication10/11/2011
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations
- Width187 mm
- Height259 mm
- Illustrator(s)Alfonso Azpiri,Massimo Bellardinelli,Ramon Sola
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $86.25New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $86.23
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.73Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.17Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.