Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
About this product
- DescriptionWhether riding his fiery black stalion, dancing with royalty in London, or dodging his enemies through the Scottish woods, former resistance fighter and M16 agent, Henri Bolkonsky, lives life on the edge. Sent to the Lothian Academy in the far reaches of Scotland to hide from a band of ex-Nazis determined to assassinate him in their effort to stop him from testifying at the Nuremberg Trials, he meets trouble from ather source, students who believe he himself is a Nazi. With his location in Scotland revealed by a newspaper article, Henri's survival skills are put to the test, but always before him is his goal of retribution for family members murdered by the Nazis as he was forced to watch. Henri daringly dodges his pursuers through London and across Scotland to a stunning and emotional conclusion.
- Author BiographyDiana Harned, writing as D. Forrester Newhall, was born and raised in San Francisco. After graduating from Sarah Dix Hamlin School, she attended San Mateo College, majoring in English and History. She lived in Europe with her husband for fourteen years traveling extensively throughout Europe as well as Greece, Egypt, India, Nepal, Thailand, Singapore and Hong Kong. While living in England, she wrote a number of articles on Sighthounds, Coursing and Lure-Coursing, which were published in various English dog magazines and she trained, showed and hunted with Borzoi for almost forty years. She belonged to the Penman Club and the London Writers Circle in England and to The Villages Creative Writing Group in The Villages, Florida for several years before her untimely death. Diana's daughters, Jacqueline Harned and Jeannine Harned Smith were born during her years in Europe. Retiring to Florida, she shared her home with her beloved Borzoi, Storm. Her first two books, in the Henri Bolkonsky series, The Spider's Web and The Hunt is Away will soon be reissued, and the last book in the series, Escape from the Gulag, will be published posthumously, following this edition of Black Horse, Black Rider.
- Author(s)D Forrester Newhall
- PublisherFireside Publications
- Date of Publication06/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFireside Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.