All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.19
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.84
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.56
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.10
- AU $21.09Trending at AU $24.75
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $14.55
About this product
- DescriptionBlack Jack, the iconic surgeon-for-hire takes up his scalpel for the last time in the series' concluding volumes. These final instalments remind readers why this mercenary surgeon continues to inspire decades after his debut in Shonen Champion Magazine. The 17th and last volume in Vertical's definitive edition of Osamu Tezuka's timeless tale of medicine and humanity will be packaged in a die-cut casing and succeeded by a series of essays and poster art.
- Author BiographyOsamu Tezuka was born on November 3, 1928, in Osaka. He grew up in an open-minded family exposed to comics and Walt Disney. As a boy he also had a love for insects, which he would later as a grown-up incorporate into pen name. Having developed an intense understanding of the preciousness of life from his wartime experience, Osamu Tezuka aimed to become a physician and later earned his degree in medicine, but ultimately chose the profession he loved best: manga artist and animated film writer. Tezuka's manga and animated films had a tremendous impact on the shaping of the psychology of Japan's postwar youth. His work changed the concept of Japanese comics, transforming it into an art form and incorporating a variety of new styles in creating the story cartoon. Osamu Tezuka lived out his entire life tirelessly pursuing his efforts, passing away at the age of 60 on February 8, 1989. In all, Tezuka produced more than 150,000 pages of graphic storytelling before his death. Posthumously Tezuka's work have won a number of awards in the U.S., including the 2009 Eisner Award given to his series Dororo.
- Author(s)Osamu Tezuka
- PublisherVertical Inc.
- Date of Publication03/05/2012
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVertical Inc.
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.