CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a comprehensive overview of Black leadership in every aspect of American life, including movements for social justice, education, business, and politics. In the quest for human rights and social advancement, African-American leaders have emerged to lead the fight to overcome racial and ecomic barriers. This struggle has influenced the exercise of Black leadership in many other areas and the author uses an interdisciplinary approach to reveal the changes, continuities, and variety of African-American approaches to effective leadership. The book also suggests a theoretical framework for future research on the impact of Black leadership in America. A wide range of issues are considered in this volume, beginning with the definition of leadership and the concept of Black leadership. Gordon then considers outstanding examples of Black leadership in contemporary America in a variety of fields. Scholars and students in history, political science, and ethnic studies will find this an important resource for understanding Black leadership and its impact on American life.
- Author BiographyJACOB U. GORDON is Professor of African and African-American Studies and Research Fellow at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas. He is the editor of The African-American Male: An Annotated Bibliography (Greenwood, 1999).
- Author(s)Jacob U. Gordon
- Date of Publication30/08/2000
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight520 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.