Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.32Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionA black moon had risen, a sphere of sleeplessness that pulled at the tides of blood-and invisible explanation for the madness welling inside. The world has stopped sleeping. Restless nights have grown into days of panic, delirium and, eventually, desperation. But few and far between, sleepers can still be found - a gift they quickly learn to hide. For those still with the ability to dream are about to enter a waking nightmare. Matt Biggs is one of the few sleepers. His wife Carolyn however, stranger to insomnia, is on the very brink of exhaustion. After six restless days and nights, Biggs wakes to find her gone. He stumbles out of the house in search of her to find a world awash with pandemonium, a rapidly collapsing reality. Sleep, it seems, is w the rarest and most precious commodity. Money can't buy it, drug can touch it, and there are those who would kill to have it. Kenneth Calhoun's dark, hallucinatory and brilliantly realised debut confronts one of our deepest needs - and fears - with style, vision and a very human heart.
- Author BiographyKenneth Calhoun has published short fiction in The Paris Review, Tin House, and the 2011 Pen/O. Henry Prize Collection, among others. He has been awarded the Italo Calvino Prize for Fabulist Fiction and the Summer Literary Seminars/Fence Magazine fiction contest. He is a Graphic Design professor at Lasell College in Boston. Black Moon is his first novel.
- PrizesLong-listed for PEN/Robert W. Bingham Prize 2015.
- Author(s)Kenneth Calhoun
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date31/12/2015
- Weight515 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.