All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLanie Price, a 1920s Harlem society columnist, witnesses the brutal nightclub kidnapping of the Black Orchid, a sultry, seductive singer with a mysterious past. Price soon finds herself elbow-deep in a story in which everyone seems to be either lying or keeping a secret to die for. When hours pass without word from the kidnapper, puzzlement grows as to his motive. But after a gruesome package arrives at Price's doorstep, the questions change: just what does this kidnapper want - and how many people is he willing to kill in order to get it?
- Author BiographyPersia Walker is the author of the 1920s Jazz Age novels Harlem Redux, which the Boston Globe called a full, vibrant portrait of that storied era when Harlem's pulse was the rhythm of black America ; and Darkness and the Devil Behind Me. Her short story Such A Lucky, Pretty Girl appears in the anthology The Blue Religion. A native New Yorker fluent in German, she is a former news writer for the Associated Press.
- Author(s)Persia Walker
- PublisherAkashic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication05/05/2011
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAkashic Books,U.S.
- Weight306 g
- Width158 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.66
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $20.04
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.46
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.