All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWarren Ellis' eight-issue opus of masked hero revolution, Black Summer , perfectly complimented by the stunning and explosive art of the genius Juan Jose Ryp, is thing less than a sequential masterpiece! The world goes black in this epic story of super-powered heroes and villains. The story begins when the political situation in the United States becomes more than Horus can stand, and he moves to take matters into his own hands. Unfortunately, t all of his team-mates are quite so eager to throw the world into chaos, and an epic conflict ensues. With Horus and the rest of the surviving Guns facing off against the military and each other, one is safe as the bodies start to fall.
- Author BiographyWarren Ellis is the award-winning British author of comic books, novels, and television, most often recognized for his sociocultural commentary and ground-breaking work in the genre of science fiction. His most recognizable works include Transmetropolitan, Planetary, and The Authority. He maintains a consistent online presence which includes the weekly delivery of the FREAKANGELS web comic to millions of fans. Ellis has published over 25 different creator-owned projects through Avatar Press (including BLACK SUMMER, IGNITION CITY, and GRAVEL, the last of which is in development as a film through Legendary Pictures), with many more planned.
- Author(s)Warren Ellis
- PublisherAvatar Press
- Date of Publication08/10/2008
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Superheroes
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvatar Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width178 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Artist(s)Juan Jose Ryp
- Edition StatementLimited ed
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $30.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.