All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBlack Theater Is Black Life fills a critical gap in the history of African American culture in Chicago. Through interviews with prominent producers, directors, choreographers, designers, dancers, and actors, Young and Zabriskie create a portrait of a diverse, dynamic artistic community between 1970 and 2010. They frame this history with helpful guides, including a chrology of key events, a glossary of names, and an appendix of leading performing arts institutions in Chicago.
- Author BiographyHarvey Young is an associate professor of theater at Northwestern University, USA.
Queen Meccasia Zabriskie is an assistant professor of sociology at New College of Florida, USA.
- Author(s)Harvey Young,Queen Meccasia Zabriskie
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight839 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.