All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionWho was the real architect of the Gunpowder Plot? Who was the first person to wear a Guy Fawkes mask? Why was Shakespeare's Dark Lady dark? These and many other questions are answered in Graham Holderness's new vel, which combines historical fiction, psychological mystery and supernatural thriller in a highly original and imaginative re-telling of the Gunpowder Plot. It is 1604. The Gunpowder Plotters are tunnelling under the palace of Westminster, and confront an immovable obstacle. Guy Fawkes travels to Europe to fetch help, and brings back more than he bargained for. Who is the mysterious Dark Lady? Who is the man in the mask? Why is London over-run by a plague of vampires, and who is going to defeat them? From a Westminster vault to a Transylvanian mine, from the crypt of Lambeth Palace to the under-stage of the Globe theatre, Black and Deep Desires takes the reader on a tour of historical, psychological and mythical underworlds, delving deep into some of history's unexplored corridors, into the secret thoughts of Catholic terrorists, and into the dark wellsprings of Shakespeare's poetry. In Black and Deep Desires Graham Holderness combines the expertise of an internationally-recognised Shakespeare scholar, the narrative flair of his 2001 vel The Prince of Denmark, and the poetic sensibility that won his verse collection Craeft a Poetry Book Society award.
- Author BiographyGraham Holderness is a senior academic and creative writer with over 40 published academic and creative books. He has published two novels; an award-winning collection of poems; and a play performed at Shakespeare's Globe, and by RSC actors in Stratford-upon-Avon. .
- Author(s)Graham Holderness
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication25/09/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTop Hat Books
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.