All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally one of the paramilitary groups that arose in Germany's turbulent 1920s , the SS grew from its original protection activities into the Deaths Head troops and the Verfugungstruppe, and later during WWII, the Waffen-SS. During its evolution, the SS changed from its black uniform into a variety of uniforms that eventually resembled those of the German army, in various types of fabric, and predominately field-grey, so often seen in period photographs and movies. In volume 2, Lorenzo Silvestri presents many different Waffen-SS uniforms with numerous full-colour photos to display how the clothing appeared. In addition, numerous detail images are used to clearly expose key features of the uniforms and equipment. The text explains important details about the creation, manufacturing, and wear of each item. Period photos illustrate the wear of each item presented in the books. The two volumes present the various helmets, caps, trousers, tunics and jackets in nearly 900 pages with over 1,400 colour, pre-World War II and World War II images.
- Author BiographyLorenzo Silvestri's favorite hobby is collecting WWII military artifacts, focusing on German SS and Italian relics. Silvestris interest led to his photographic history books on the uniforms and the camouflage used by the Waffen-SS during World War II.
- Author(s)Lorenzo Silvestri
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note744 colour & b/w photos
- Weight2870 g
- Width230 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.