All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBlack and Green is a call to action for the Black community to join the green movement. The book offers insights, ideas, and strategies that demonstrate how Black people can benefit from this movement and also fuel the go-green effort. Ali builds on the premise that the call to 'go green' has t quite resonated in the Black community and discusses several reasons as to why. Ultimately, he offers tangible benefits that Black colleges, churches, and even cities should be eager to embrace. These include better health, neighborhood crime reduction, and new jobs. This book clearly broadens the 'go green' discussion to include the Black community in a way that is both compelling and engaging.
- Author BiographyJamal Ali has always taken an active role to better his community and he views 'going green' as a major way to continue this effort. He is working to make sure the information flow and the benefits of going green reach the Black community. He lives in Chicago with his wife and two children. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Jamal Ali
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication30/07/2009
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHamilton Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight149 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.