All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
About this product
- DescriptionProbing the colonial history of New York City, Thelma Foote examines the broadly shared belief that black slavery and antiblack racism were marginal to the experience of rthern colonies in British North America. In this study of Dutch and English New York, she demonstrates that racial domination was a key foundation of society and culture in the seaport community and examines the interrelationship of racial tensions and breakdowns in colonial governance.
- Author BiographyThelma Wills Foote is Associate Professor of History and African-American Studies at the University of California, Irvine.
- Author(s)Thelma Wills Foote
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication11/12/2003
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note1 halftones & 3 maps
- Weight603 g
- Width159 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.