All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike a well-delivered punch line, Black and White and Read All Over, the tenth book by award-winning writer Arthur Black, is guaranteed to make you laugh. The beloved radio personality and newspaper columnist tackles a range of subjects from Sasquatch hunters to se jobs to the legalisation of pot. Kwn for his delight in the bizarre and derision of the absurd, Black holds thing back as he comments on the caprices of a society in which people can leave a legacy by naming bugs after themselves, coffee beans initially 'processed' by small Indonesian marsupials sell for $110 US a pound in San Francisco, and gambling and fitness machines have combined so all those casi addicts steadfastly clutching the plastic buckets of quarters and loonies w have a chance to lose pounds as they lose their money. In his trademark style, Black introduces readers to a colourful cast of characters, including a rock-and-roll critic en route to her 60th high school reunion, a paralysed author who wrote an entire vel by moving his left eye to indicate letters of the alphabet, and a Canadian senator who delivered a speech lasting 44 hours ( asking a politician to speak for five minutes is like expecting a great white shark to eat with a dessert spoon ). Black believes that life, when you think of it, is really a series of accidents all strung together like a necklace fashioned by a drunkard. Dip into Black and White and Read All Over, and you'll see why.
- Author BiographyArthur Black hosted CBC Radio One's Basic Black program from 1983 until 2002, as well as Weird Homes and Weird Wheels on the Life Network. He is also a columnist for FiftyPlus magazine, the Victoria Times-Colonist and over 50 community newspapers across Canada. This award-winning and best-selling author is one of Canada's most busy after-dinner speakers and lives on Saltspring Island, BC.
- Author(s)Arthur Black
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Weight564 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.